Monday, June 29, 2015

Living a balanced life.

Many of people have entered new phases of life only to find themselves feeling burnt out or overwhelmed. Either we spend all of our time working, ministering or trying to take care of our families and the minute we master one area we find other areas of life falling apart. Our lives become out of balance. As a Pastor that works a full time job, has a family and desires to broaden my vision of life this is a major issue. I would focus on church and work would suffer, so I would focus on work and my family would suffer. It was a never ending cycle that had me ready to throw my hands up. That was until I realized I was trying to please everyone and in reality my busy schedule pleased no one not even the one that matters most God. So I had to remember the only that knows how much time I will spend on earth should be the one that I go to when doing my schedule because he truly know what can and can not be completed. So today I prayed "Father what do you want me to accomplish this week?" The. I began to prioritize what was most important on the list. Something I simply won't be able to fit in my schedule. But I must remember I was intintially created by my Heavenly Father with a purpose in mind and the enemy of my soul would love to keep me so busy and stressed out that the purpose is never fulfilled. (‭Jeremiah‬ ‭29‬:‭11‬ AMP )For I know the thoughts and plans that I have for you, says the Lord, thoughts and plans for welfare and peace and not for evil, to give you hope in your final outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment